Successful events always are the result of a perfect cooperation between all the players involved. With ad hoc you can be sure to have the right partner – top interpreters and professional management, all in strict compliance with CIQS – Conference Interpreting Quality System®. Your contribution as client is equally indispensable for a perfect result:
- Make sure to contact us early on so that together we can decide on what approach is best suited for your specific needs. Every event is different, every client has different expectations, so there cannot be any good-for-all solution. We will be happy to advise you on what is the ideal interpreting mode for your requirements and the technical equipment involved. Making the right choice early on can make a substantial difference for your budget.
- Professional assignment management is a precondition for client satisfaction. At ad hoc we rely on CIQS – Conference Interpreting Quality System® to organise your events.
- Working with an industry leader gives you the certainty that everything will go according to plan. In addition to smooth service and handling you will always benefit from the best professionals for your specific needs. Our pool of approximately 450 interpreters is your guarantee that we have just the right professional with the right background for you, probably even close to your conference venue to minimise travel costs - and that there will never be any last-minute cancellations due to Force Majeure.
- Remember to book early! Quality is very much in demand and interpreters of locally rare language combinations might be booked months in advance. What might be a common language pair in your local market back home might prove exotic in Austria.
- It is always wise to communicate the topic and/or the title of your event early on, possibly on first contact. It goes without saying that confidentiality is paramount at ad hoc.
- Ideally some first documents and/or the agenda are sent to us by email on booking.
- Even though professional conference interpreters have a broad background and prepare themselves specifically for each assignment, they can never possess the same expert knowledge in your discipline as you do. Therefore it is wise to not only get the speakers to forward their presentations in time, but also to provide lists of acronyms, abbreviations, names of important people bound to be mentioned, websites to be consulted, major events etc.
- If you require written translations for your conference, make sure to allow enough time for them to be done. At ad hoc will be at your service. Do not hesitate to contact us for a special rate!.
- For events outside Vienna as well as for interpreters with rare language combinations not available on the local Viennese market you will be charged for travel costs, board, and accommodation. For the sake of transparency and cost awareness at ad hoc we only charge you standard 2nd class train fares (plus local taxi expenses) for all trips within Austria regardless of the actual mode of transport chosen.
- Make sure to identify the language needs of your participants as much in detail as possible. Ordering an excessive number of headsets or a language for which there are no listeners is a waste easily avoided.
- It is best to book the technical simultaneous interpreting equipment from one source together with the interpreters. However, we strongly advise you against ordering interpreters through an equipment provider company. In recent years and because of increasingly stiff competition several equipment providers have begun offering interpreters as part of their packages. Interpreting assignments, however, are complex affairs, necessitating inside knowledge of both the job requirements and the individual interpreters involved as can only be guaranteed through job management by a peer interpreter as we do at ad hoc. Simple booking is not enough and will not make clients happy.
At ad hoc we have been cooperating with high-class equipment companies for years and are happy to arrange systems tailored to your specific needs.
Should you instead prefer to work with your own equipment company, local or not, we will be happy to join in!
Last, but not least – do not spoil the ship for a ha’porth of tar! Successful events always are the results of lots of tedious work paired with considerable financial investments. They also are unique opportunities which, if wasted, will not come again. With ad hoc you can be sure to have the best partner for your interpreting needs – for the sake of your event and the satisfaction of your clients.